Monday, July 23, 2007

The National Pastime

Wait, how many T's in pastime?

I ran across this web site and cracked up looking at all these old baseball cards, some of which I remember owning before I lost them in a colossal card-flipping throw-down on the front porch of my parents' house when I was 10 years old. The rest met their maker on the front spokes of my Huffy one-speed.

Anyway, this guy is great with the one-liners for each card, part of his "Worthless Card Collection."

A sample....


Three weeks after this picture was taken, Jerry Don set a Tigers team record when he took the field on August 3, 1990 with his pants just 9 inches below his chin.








Check out the rest of the collection here.

Posted by Unclejbird @ 3:02 PM

Read or Post a Comment

These are great! It was a nice blast from the past to see the players of my youth looking ridiculous.

Posted by Blogger Some Guy @ 12:31 PM #
 
<< Home