Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Your City Guv-ment at Work

I wish I had been a better citizen. Perhaps I could be sitting out on my porch tonight, tripping on on the cool little kids' costumes as they come around for their treats.

Alas, I am not. I did not read up on the City of Norfolk's Halloween law, which states that trick-or-treaters must be 12 or under to lawfully take part in the festivities, Satanic or otherwise evil as they may be. Sadly, I also don't even know how long this law has been on the books. Sadly, I won't be around to notice whether or not it does any good. I'll be upstairs with the lights off or somewhere else around town. Why? Read my previous entry. It seems I'm not the only one bummed about the lack of legitimate participants. Either that or the city leaders don't want hords of adolescents out skulking around the 'hood, trolling for candy.

Read the City of Norfolk's Halloween law here.

Posted by Unclejbird @ 4:59 PM