Friday, July 21, 2006

Tenting Tonight...........

The next few Plague dispatches will be from Camp Runamok (not its real name), a summer retreat for young writers ages 10-14 at a ritzy private school somewhere on the Eastern seaboard. Traffic around a certain megalopolis about 3 hours from home was fucked up as usual, but I still beat the Google maps time by 60 minutes. What the hell is that pyramid on the east side of I-95 near Quantico?

The dorm where I'm staying is basically empty and quiet as hell right now, but starting on Sunday this place will be crawling with kids. The actual teaching, which I'll be doing, begins on Monday. My subject area: short fiction -- another genre for which I was prepared by 10 years of newspaper reporting.

I'm gonna try and dial up Jon Stewart on the satellite in the student lounge before heading off to bed. Planning day tomorrow, followed by another meeting and dinner at the new Irish pub in town, where I'm told they feature the Dogfish family of microbrews. YES! Exactly how Irish that makes the bar, I'm not sure.

Another beer note: If you go to a bar, say, in Ocean View, and order a pint of, say, Anchor Steam and they serve it in a pint glass with a big Guinness logo on the side, should you feel like you're doing something wrong?

Posted by Unclejbird @ 10:45 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Why do you swear so much in your blog?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:25 PM #
 

'Cause he's gangsta! He can't help dat shit.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:22 PM #
 

No. You have done nothing wrong. Go forth, and drink in peace.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:23 PM #
 

The only thing wrong is to order just one.

Posted by Blogger Megan @ 9:35 PM #
 
<< Home