Sunday, May 07, 2006

An Introduction

Am I interesting enough to have a blog?

That's the question I'm asking myself as I stare down at my computer, waiting, praying for divine inspiration to move and inform all. Problem is, my hobbies are pretty mundane. The books I put down as favorites were nothing to write home about (note to self: Start reading more, you laggard!). At the moment, I can't think of any top-shelf "favorite" movies...pretty much, I can find redeeming value in just about any film I've ever seen. Even "The Highlander," which I saw this weekend on AMC, is good by virtue of being truly, truly bad. And I hardly ever speak ill any film with Sean Connery in it (Still replaying dialogue in my head right now to see if there are any Connery lines I can incorporate into my repertoir...Current favorite: From "Finding Forrester," "The key to a womansh heart ish an unexshpected gift at an unexshpected time." But even the odd Connery impression is pretty easy...just change every "S" sound into an "SH" and you're set. Check Youtube.com sometime and see how many people think they can do it. After checking it myself, I may never do mine again.

But I guess it's beside the point whether anything I write here is unique. What is mundane or commonplace to one person might be unusual to another. And I'm not the best judge, I've discovered. There is infinite variety out there in every aspect of human life and that's what makes blogging great. Heck, that's what makes life interesting. Everyone has a story. Writing is reaching out, after all, and I'm writing to reach...

you.

Here goes....

Posted by Unclejbird @ 8:40 PM